JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR
DEPARTMENT: EMPLOYMENT SERVICES
REPORTS TO: ASSITANT VICE PRESIDENT
SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Assistant Vice President of Youth & Employment Services, the Director of Employment Services develops, implements and evaluates workforce development programs and services that support our jobseekers, businesses and special populations (i.e., “opportunity youth”). The Director will provide direction and oversight for various workforce development grant funded programs. He/She supervises staff; coordinates and oversees on-site and off-site services provided to jobseekers, maintains quality assurance to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations, along with policy and procedures that are set forth by funding sources and internal management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and coordinates community, shelter and housing based employment programs.
- Supervises, evaluates, and provides direct support to employment staff.
- Oversees the development of job placement and work based learning activities (i.e., internships) opportunities to ensure we are connecting our jobseekers to vital employment opportunities.
- Networks with business leaders in the community to increase employment opportunities for our jobseekers and special populations (i.e., “opportunity youth”).
- Coordinates contract requirements relative to vocational and employment activities with the appropriate agencies.
- In conjunction with appropriate staff, assists with the procurement, written response and development of grant opportunities.
- Ensures professional interaction of Employment Service Program staff within internal and external departments to facilitate the deliverance of uniform and coordinated services, as well as follow up.
- Assures quality of services delivered to jobseekers and special populations (i.e., “opportunity youth”) in the areas of program development, casework, housing, transportation, child-care, educational and job training, as well as job placements.
- Establishes program requirements and goals, in relation to regulations and performance standards as set forth by grants and/or funder requests.
- Reports information to funding sources, as required in grant.
- Formulates and monitors grant budgets in relation to grant contracts, making necessary and appropriate modifications.
- Formulates long and short-term program goals, and devises programmatic strategies to be utilized, in working toward the realization of these goals. Develops policies and procedures to implement program goals.
- In conjunction with appropriate staff, writes proposals for Employment related grants.
- Develops relevant documents and forms necessary to programmatic performance, goals and tracking for grant reporting purposes. Assures consistent and accurate record keeping, and maintenance of client files in compliance with agency and grant standards.
- Designs and implements jobseekers and special populations (i.e., “opportunity youth”) tracking system, satisfaction surveys and monitor/analyze performance measures.
- Evaluates program results, recommends and implements changes within programs, as deemed appropriates.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a QA/monitoring systems to ensure program services, databases, outcomes and hard files are in compliance with program regulations.
- Acts as a liaison with outside agencies, attending appropriate meetings. Manage ongoing relationships with funders, partnering agencies and our employers.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
A Masters Degree preferred OR a BA/BS degree in related fields with at least 5 years of experience managing employment programs with underprivileged populations (i.e., reentry, homeless, etc.) Excellent verbal and written skills required. Experience in program development and clean driver’s license and car a required. Must have the ability to effectively work under pressure, meet deadlines and provide multiple sources with information and/or required reporting. The candidate must have the ability to maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees, community partners and the general public at large (i.e., our jobseekers).
AGENCY PROFILE & EMPLOYEE EXPECTATIONS
Westhab is the premier organization of our kind in our region, providing housing and supportive services for more than 10,000 of the most vulnerable members of our community each year. We are staffed by an extraordinary group of hard working professionals that are fully committed to our mission - Building Communities. Changing Lives. Working at Westhab is not easy. Our expectations for all staff are high. We believe that the people and the communities that we have the privilege to serve deserve our very best every day. We are results-driven organization that focuses on empowerment and impact. If you want to apply for this opportunity, it should only be because you feel ready for the challenges and expectations that come with joining this kind of team. (EOE)