JOB TITLE: Job Developer
REPORTS TO: Senior Job Developer
LOCATION: Manhattan, NY
SUMMARY: Under the Supervision of the Senior Job Developer, the Job Developer establishes and maintains activities to develop, locate and secure job opportunities for program participants; markets programs and coordinates job resources for our clientele in a 140 bed men’s homeless shelter.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiates and maintains ongoing personal contacts with a variety of business and industry representatives and job placement/training agencies to promote programs for participant placement.
- Makes a substantial amount of cold calls per week to potential employers that result in job placement opportunities (60-80 cold calls per week).
- Explains the benefits and employment support services provided to employers, including addressing employer’s special need and post-employment retention services.
- Researches the internet, newspapers, local agencies, and other resources for job leads.
- Locate jobs for participants who have successfully completed training programs and/or are enrolled within contracted programs.
- Collect data from employers related to job orders including job requirements and skills; matches job skills with applicant qualifications; refers qualified applicants to employers and conducts necessary follow-up when applicants are placed in positions.
- Keeps updated regarding job fairs happening within the surrounding area
- Participates in outreach and recruitment activities and attends internal/external job fairs.
- Develops employer resources and maintains a job bank. Fulfills at a minimum, a quota of (7) placements per month.
- Assist with the delivery of job readiness training workshops for program participants, simulating workplace experiences. .
- Assist consumers in assessing their job skills for positions/job orders.
- Instruct participants in job seeking, application procedures resume writing, interview preparation and job retention skills when necessary.
- Provide job search/career information workshops and presentations to consumers when needed.
- Arranges/schedules interviews for employers to facilitate hires.
- Provide consumers with Labor Market trends and information.
- Submit Weekly Activity Reports, Placement Reports and Contact Log at the conclusion of each week.
- Conducts job site visits and follow-ups after placement to ensure a successful transition into gainful employment.
- Monitor participants performance on the job and counsel consumer’s when job performance is less than satisfactory.
- Spends a significant amount of time cultivating relationships with existing employers that supersedes referring candidates for job opportunities; employers should be encouraged to become “partners” of Westhab and support the acquisition of grants and new programs.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENT:
Bachelor’s Degree and two year’s experience in sales, marketing, job development, social/human services or employment and training program working with disadvantaged adults. Must have a valid NYS Driver’s License and car available for work.
---- AND —
Must be able to effectively market and represent our programs, our clients and services to employers. Must be able to effectively communicate in writing and orally as, ideally, candidates will make presentations, facilitate job readiness workshops and make a connection with various business representatives. In addition, the ideal candidate must be able to utilize time management techniques to organize and prioritize work to meet contracted deadlines & timelines.
AGENCY PROFILE & EMPLOYEE EXPECTATIONS:
Westhab is the premier organization of our kind in our region, providing housing and supportive services or more than 10,000 of the most vulnerable members of our community each year. We are staffed by an extraordinary group of hard working professionals that are fully committed to our mission – Building Communities. Changing Lives. Working at Westhab is not easy. Our expectations for all staff are high. We believe that the people and the communities that we have the privilege to serve deserve our very best every day. We are results-driven organization that focuses on empowerment and impact. If you want to apply for this opportunity, it should only be because expectations that come with joining this kind of team. (EOE)