JOB TITLE: Case Manager/Re-entry
DEPARTMENT: Supportive Services
LOCATION: Yonkers/White Plains, NY
REPORTS TO: Coordinator at Westhab and Westchester County Re-entry Task Force
SUMMARY: The Case Manager is responsible for the coordination of reentry plans for inmates returning to the community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct assessments and assess client’s needs through psychosocial assessments and develops with the client a service plan that incorporates and addresses each client's short-term and long-term needs.
- Ensures that clients are fully engaged in the planning process and clearly understands responsibilities, expectations and consequences of the program. Communicate the relationship between improving basic skills and developing self-sufficiency.
- Advocates on behalf of clients to secure social services entitlements. Maintains contact with all necessary collaterals and attends appropriate meetings
- Makes referrals to appropriate agencies, services, and/or organizations to address the client's needs; monitors progress and maintains contact with all necessary collateral services.
- Maintains accurate, complete and current files on all clients in caseload.
- Assist client with applications for entitlements and provide metro cards
- Conduct employment readiness assessments and make referrals for employment services
- Maintain on-going communication with both Coordinators on all aspects of the work
- Some evening and weekend work will be required.
- Other duties as required
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in providing re-integration planning and/or case management experience preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Human Services, Education, Counseling or closely related field preferred; relevant experience and demonstrated ability to perform the essential duties of the position may be substituted for education preferences.
- Successful applicant must have strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to provide good customer service, both in person and by telephone; must possess good organizational skills and have a high attention to detail.
- The successful applicant must have the ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize work assignments, and maintain confidentiality.
- Bi- lingual Spanish a plus
- Must have own car & valid driver’s license
- Must be able to travel throughout Westchester County
- Must have a BA in related field and at least 5 years of case management experience working with substance abuse, mental health, homeless and re-entry population.
AGENCY PROFILE & EMPLOYEE EXPECTATIONS
Westhab is the premier organization of our kind in our region, providing housing and supportive services for more than 10,000 of the most vulnerable members of our community each year. We are staffed by an extraordinary group of hard working professionals that are fully committed to our mission - Building Communities. Changing Lives. Working at Westhab is not easy. Our expectations for all staff are high. We believe that the people and the communities that we have the privilege to serve deserve our very best every day. We are results-driven organization that focuses on empowerment and impact. If you want to apply for this opportunity, it should only be because you feel ready for the challenges and expectations that come with joining this kind of team. (EOE)